Project Manager – IT
Targray India Pvt Ltd, Gurgaon (NCR)
Targray currently has a new opening for a full time position as a Project Manager – IT. The position is based out of our Gurgaon, India regional office. We require a capable individual with a minimum of 10 years overall experience in .NET technologies and at least 5 in progressively more senior leadership roles.
As a Project Manager – IT, you are responsible for end to end project management for the assigned project; including project planning, scheduling, delivery, internal customer interaction, troubleshooting, managing project operational parameters and people management. You will lead a small but energetic team of developers through all stages of the SDLC and will also plan for the optimal utilization and scheduling of those resources. Effective team building and management, communication, interpersonal skills and experience where the customers are in other geographies, are required by this position. The incumbent is not only able to supervise his / her team, but cooperate with peers and functions in other areas of the enterprise.
Purpose & Scope
To provide design, programming and implementation of business systems and business systems extensions. To support the corporate ERP and associated business applications. To provide guidance in the usage of business systems in the corporation’s offices. To supervise the company’s software development team. As this position is based in a branch office, regular alignment with Head Office North American working hours is required.
Nature of Work
The scope of this position extends to Targray software development staff, applications and application architecture worldwide. This position is accountable for identifying, justifying, planning for and implementing application software. The Project Manager – IT is accountable for managing and implementing changes to the corporate databases. The incumbent and the software development team will develop reporting and analysis solutions, modify COTS (commercial, off-the-shelf software) applications and application settings, and support those applications. The incumbent is to remain knowledgeable of all vendor products and versions available, recommend use if applicable and develop upgrade plans for same. The Project Manager – IT is accountable for ensuring corporate applications are operating at peak efficiency, security and performance.
The incumbent and the software development team will work closely other IS and Targray staff in problem resolution and will search for means to reduce common errors. This person will work closely with software, hardware and service providers as required for maintenance and problem resolution. The Project Manager – IT may share on call duties with other IS staff as assigned.
Is accountable to the IS Director to perform and manage the following activities:
- Develop requirements for, analysis of, software architecture to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain applications development of and implementation of Business Intelligence solutions.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Drive the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories. Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Have a methodical approach to identifying and eliminating root causes of software defects. To lead the effort to reduce such defects and monitor defect levels through reported metrics
- Use in-depth understanding of company processes and enterprise systems and technologies to extend the value those systems bring the company.
- Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and standards. Implement SDLC methodologies.
- Interact with users to resolve application issues and problems.
- Use interpersonal skills for dealing with users and user management.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide statistics and reports.
- Manage database scripts and structure. Coordinate with the Network and System administrator to perform database information system upgrades and patches as appropriate.
Targray offers an excellent opportunity for a rewarding career in dynamic new industries. We operate primarily in the fast-growing Renewable Energy field, focusing on industries like Solar Energy, Lithium Ion Battery, and Biofuels. We are headquartered in Canada, but conduct most of our business internationally. Two of our biggest markets are the US and China, with a smaller segment of our business coming from other areas in Asia, as well as Europe. The company has twice been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in Canada (Profit 100 Winner in 2006 and 2009). We have also been honored with the HSBC International Business Award in 2012. In 2016, the company was named a finalist in the EY Entrepreneur of the Year Awards.
Targray has a 27 year history, approximately $CDN 400 million in revenue, and is a large player in the Solar Materials and Biofuels industries. In Solar, Targray is one of the largest distributors of solar silicon and solar wafers Worldwide. In Biofuels, Targray is one of the largest biodiesel traders/distributors in North America, with 8 fuel terminal locations and a fleet of biodiesel dedicated railcars.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
Create Your Account
Create your careers account by clicking here and completing the form provided.
Select a Job
Go here, leave the search field blank and click enter to view all openings. Select the job you wish to apply for, then click on apply.
Complete & submit your application. You’ll receive an email from us confirming that your application has been submitted.