Coin Cell Manufacturing ProcessLi-ion coin cell manufacturing using Targray R&D battery equipment
Coin Cell Manufacturing Equipment and Guide
We now offer commercial manufacturing, pilot line and R&D Battery Equipment for lithium-ion battery and supercapacitor products. Each of the equipment pieces and battery materials listed on this page are internationally available for purchase directly from Targray. To learn more about the Coin Cell Manufacturing process, click the steps listed below.
Step 1: Electrode Sheet Preparation
- Use furnace to sinter raw cathode active material and anode active material.
- Mill battery materials into smaller particles using milling machine.
- Use mixer to mix active, conductive and binder material into paste under vacuum.
- Using coater, coat paste onto current collector to make electrodes.
- Dry the newly-created electrodes using a heater.
- Use the rolling press (calendar) to roll the electrode to desired thickness.
Step 2: Li-ion Cell Assembly
- Use Disc Cutter to cut single coated anode, cathode and separator into disc shape.
- Use a Pressing Machine to flatten the disc.
- Soak discs into electrolyte in glove box with H2O and O2 below 1ppm.
- Stack the discs in the order found in the coin cell case.
- Dry the cell using a vacuum oven.
- Fill the appropriate amount of electrolyte into the case using Electrolyte filler.
- Use a Crimping Machine to crimp the coin cell to seal the battery core within the case.
Step 3: Li-ion Battery Testing
- Test the li-ion coin cell’s performance using the battery analyzer.
- Measure the battery’s internal resistance using an impedance testing tool.
Targray supplies prismatic cans and lids for Lithium-ion car battery manufacturers.
Targray supplies R&D Equipment for Lithium-ion battery developers.
Targray offers numerous different Cathode Materials for Lithium-ion battery manufacturing and research.
+1 (514) 695-8095
To speak with a Targray representative.