The Basics of BiodieselA biofuel developed for blending with petroleum diesel
What is Biodiesel Fuel?
Biodiesel fuel is a sulfur and benzene-free diesel fuel substitute. It is a renewable, cleaner-burning fuel designed as a feedstock for use in blending with petroleum diesel fuel. It can be manufactured from new and used vegetable oils, animal fats, and recycled restaurant grease. Bio diesel’s physical properties are similar to those of petroleum diesel, but the fuel significantly reduces greenhouse gas emissions and toxic air pollutants. Bio diesel is the most diverse fuel on the planet, produced from agricultural by-products and co-products such as: Soybean oil and other plant oils, rendered fats, recycled grease, and algae.
Targray Biodiesel: B100, B99 & B20 Fuel Blends
Targray biodiesel fuel is primarily sold in three varieties: B20, B99 and B100. The latter two formulations are high-level blends typically destined for blending with regular diesel fuel. In order to avoid engine operational issues, biofuel customers should ensure that their high-level biodiesel blends meet the requirements of ASTM D6751. For additional information pertaining to the safety of our products, please consult our B100 Biodiesel MSDS (Material safety data sheet) or contact us at +1(514)695-8095.
The Environmental Benefits of Biodiesel
Bio diesel is a cleaner-burning alternative fuel for diesel engines. It reduces greenhouse gas emissions by more than three-quarters, helping to fight global warming. Environmental benefits include:
- Biodiesel is a renewable fuel which generates considerably less GHG emissions than petroleum diesel.
- It reduces tailpipe emissions, including smog-causing particulate matter and harmful carcinogens.
- It is 10 times less toxic than table salt and as biodegradable as sugar, making it ideal for use in environmentally sensitive areas.
The Economic Benefits of Biodiesel Fuel
Using biodiesel is economically advantageous in a number of US states and Canadian provinces:
- Biodiesel carries a lower cost than petroleum diesel fuel.
- In certain markets, biodiesel fuels generate RIN credits, which can then be resold.
- BIodiesel enables biofuel producers to qualify for carbon credits in several jurisdictions.
+1 (514) 695-8095
To speak with a Targray representative.