Ceramic SeparatorsFully Ceramic Separators for Lithium-ion Battery Manufacturing & Research
An Exceptional Combination of Safety & Performance
The latest addition to Targray’s line of battery separators, our ceramic separators delivers an exceptional combination of safety, temperature performance and life cycle for lithium-ion battery manufacturers and R&D facilities. Given their rigorous safety and performance features, our ceramic separators are ideally suited for advanced li-ion battery applications, namely electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Ceramic Separators: Key Features & Benefits
- Proven to be highly suitable for high-power (150 C) and high temperature (over 100°C) battery applications.
- Fully compatible with a range of processing technologies including stacking, winding and z-folding.
- Features superior wettability, which allows for the faster & more uniform absorption of electrolyte.
- Demonstrates great resistance in typical abuse scenarios. (Nail penetration test)
- Minimal shrinkage – less than 1% of shrinkage occurs after 24 hours at 200°C.
- Enables the fast & thorough drying of stacks / jelly rolls at 130°C and above.
- Ultra-long life cycle & calendar life. (up to 9000 cycles at 100% DoD)
- Retains mechanical integrity in high heat, up to 240°C.
- Qualified for use in automotive industry applications.
Related Products & Services
A broad range of cathode active materials developed to provide superior performance to lithium-ion battery manufacturers.
Battery-grade packaging materials including tabs, tape, lids, cans, casing and aluminum films for various cell geometries.