Beef Tallow Feedstock
Our ISCC-certified beef tallow suppliers connect biodiesel manufacturing facilities throughout the U.S. and Europe with a dependable year-round supply of renewable feedstock. Our experienced team of trading, logistics and compliance experts works closely with customers to ensure our beef tallow supply solutions are adding differentiated value to their supply chain. To learn more about feedstock supply partnerships with Targray, contact a member of our feedstock team.
- International ISCC-certified waste oil supplier with extensive renewable fuel and feedstock experience
- Direct access to waste-based biodiesel producers and suppliers across Asia, Europe and the Americas
- Bulk poultry fat procurement programs with flexible pricing options
- Considerable expertise surrounding compliance and supply chain sustainability
- Real-time pricing and product availability information for customers
- Turnkey logistics services managed entirely in-house
- Sales offices throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia
Beef Tallow as a Biodiesel Feedstock
Beef Tallow is a valuable feedstock for the production of biodiesel because it contains high levels of triglycerides, which can be converted into biodiesel through a process called transesterification. The process involves reacting the triglycerides with an alcohol, typically methanol, in the presence of a catalyst such as sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide.
During transesterification, the triglycerides in beef tallow are broken down into fatty acid methyl esters (FAME), which are the main components of biodiesel. The glycerol byproduct formed during the reaction is separated from the FAME through a simple process called washing. Once washing is complete, the resulting biodiesel can be further purified and blended with diesel fuel to meet the required specifications for use in vehicles and machinery.
Beef tallow is a low-cost and abundant feedstock, making it an attractive option for biodiesel production. It also offers good performance characteristics and can be used as a standalone fuel or blended with other feedstocks to meet the required fuel properties.