Process of Manufacturing Coin Cell
Step 1: Electrode Sheet Preparation
- Use furnace to sinter raw cathode active material and anode active material.
- Mill battery materials into smaller particles using milling machine.
- Use mixer to mix active, conductive and binder material into paste under vacuum.
- Using coater, coat paste onto current collector to make electrodes.
- Dry the newly-created electrodes using a heater.
- Use the rolling press (calendar) to roll the electrode to desired thickness.
Step 2: Li-ion Cell Assembly
- Use Disc Cutter to cut single coated anode, cathode andseparator into disc shape.
- Use a Pressing Machine to flatten the disc.
- Soak discs into electrolyte in glove box with H2O and O2 below 1ppm.
- Stack the discs in the order found in the coin cell case.
- Dry the cell using a vacuum oven.
- Fill the appropriate amount of electrolyte into the case using Electrolyte filler.
- Use a Crimping Machine to crimp the coin cell to seal the battery core within the case.
Step 3: Li-ion Battery Testing
- Test the li-ion coin cell’s performance using the battery analyzer.
- Measure the battery’s internal resistance using an impedance testing tool.