Process of Manufacturing Coin Cell
Step 1: Electrode Sheet Preparation
- Use furnace to sinter raw cathode active material and anode active material.
- Mill battery materials into smaller particles using milling machine.
- Use mixer to mix active, conductive and binder material into paste under vacuum.
- Using coater, coat paste onto current collector to make electrodes.
- Dry the newly-created electrodes using a heater.
- Use the rolling press (calendar) to roll the electrode to desired thickness.
Step 2: Li-ion Cell Assembly
- Use Disc Cutter to cut single coated anode, cathode andseparator into disc shape.
- Use a Pressing Machine to flatten the disc.
- Soak discs into electrolyte in glove box with H2O and O2 below 1ppm.
- Stack the discs in the order found in the coin cell case.
- Dry the cell using a vacuum oven.
- Fill the appropriate amount of electrolyte into the case using Electrolyte filler.
- Use a Crimping Machine to crimp the coin cell to seal the battery core within the case.
Step 3: Li-ion Battery Testing
- Test the li-ion coin cell’s performance using the battery analyzer.
- Measure the battery’s internal resistance using an impedance testing tool.
Working alongside organizations including Electrochemical Society and NAATBatt, we’re focused on helping battery manufacturers commercialize ambitious new energy storage technologies.
Related Battery Materials
Cylindrical Cell Manufacturing
Cylindrical Cell Manufacturing can be broken down into 4 stages: Electrode preparation, Cell assembly, Case formation & sealing, and battery testing.
Pouch Cell Manufacturing
Lithium-ion Pouch Cell Manufacturing can be broken down into 4 stages: Electrode preparation, Cell assembly, Case formation & sealing, and battery testing.
High performance battery electrolyte solutions. Produced with LiPF6 salt and a high phosphorous content flame retardant, DMMP.
An anode foil portfolio of copper current collectors including Electrodeposited (ED), rolled annealed (RA) and roll-clad Cu foils.
Cathode materials for li ion battery manufacturing. Products include binders, foils, and cathode active materials (NMC, NCA, LMO, LCO).
Annealed, ED nickel foil materials. Engineered to meet the performance demands of lithium ion battery manufacturers.
Graphite Anode Materials
Battery grade graphite powders for li ion cells manufacturers. Products include natural, artificial and composite graphite.