Lithium-ion Battery TabsAluminum, Copper & Nickel tab strips and bars for battery packaging
Battery Tabs for Lithium-ion Cell Manufacturers
Battery tabs play an important role in lithium-ion cell manufacturing. A typical large format lithium-ion cell uses copper foil as the anode current collector and aluminum as the cathode current collector. A ‘foil-to-tab’ weld is needed to gather all the current collector plates (foils) inside the cell and join them to a tab which exits the cell casing, allowing the cell’s energy to be transferred to an external source. There are two foil-to-tab welds in each cell, and hundreds of cells in a typical lithium-ion battery pack. Consult the table below for information on our Battery tabs portfolio.
Targray Battery Tabs Portfolio Summary
Our battery tab portfolio has been created to meet the requirements of today’s lithium-ion battery and energy storage manufacturers. It includes aluminum (Al) tabs for positive electrodes, copper (Cu) tabs for negative electrodes, Copper-plated Aluminum (Cu-Al) or Nickel (Ni) tabs, and aluminum-clad copper tabs. Materials are available with or without polypropolene film, and black or yellow DNP. For a look at our featured products, consult the rest of this table.
- Material and cladding options: Many varieties of nickel, copper, aluminum-based tabs
- Thickness: 0,010 – 0,150 mm
- Tolerance: +/- 10% on nominal thickness
- Width: 1,0 – 10 mm
- Packaging: Wound on spools or plastic core with side shields
- Customization: Custom dimensions for thickness and width can be produced on request
Battery-grade Nickel Strips
- Rolled Nickel foil, slit to narrow strips or wider sheets
- Thickness options ranging from 0,010mm to 0,150mm
- Exceptional corrosion-resistance
- Suitable for standard tabs and connection plates (stacks)
Aluminum-clad Copper Strips (Al-Cu)
- Excellent welding connection with anode (Cu) and cathode (Al) materials
- Combines the corrosion resistance of aluminum with the high conductivity of copper
- Suitable for high-conductive battery tab ribbons
- Silver- or tin-clad strips for soldering connections also available
Battery-grade Copper Bus Bars
- Built using special copper grade C103 for laminated bus bars
- Outstanding durability and flexibility, confirmed by long-term cycle testings
- Standard thickness of 35µm, with many more sizing options available on request
- Ideally suited for battery electrification and automotive connectors (EV)
Targray supplies prismatic cans and lids for Lithium-ion car battery manufacturers.
We offer dry laminate pouch materials and tabs for all li-ion battery packaging applications.
+1 (514) 695-8095
To speak with a Targray representative.