Lithium-ion Battery TabsAluminum, Copper & Nickel tab strips and bars for battery packaging
Battery Tab Materials for Lithium-ion Cell Manufacturers
Battery tabs play an important role in lithium-ion cell manufacturing. Typical large format lithium-ion cells use copper for the anode foil (current collector) and aluminum for the cathode foil. A ‘foil-to-tab’ weld is needed to gather all the current collector plates (foils) inside the cell and join them to a tab. The tab then exits the cell casing, which allows the cell’s energy to be transferred to an external source.
There are two foil-to-tab welds in each li-ion cell, and hundreds of cells in a standard lithium-ion battery pack.
Targray Battery Tabs Portfolio Summary
Our battery tab portfolio is built to meet the modern requirements for lithium-ion battery and energy storage manufacturing. It includes aluminum (Al) tabs for positive electrodes, and copper (Cu) tabs for negative electrodes. In addition, we can supply copper-plated Aluminum (Cu-Al), nickel (Ni), and aluminum-clad copper tabs. Our tabs are available with or without polypropolene film, and black or yellow DNP.
- Material and cladding options: Many varieties of nickel, copper, aluminum-based tabs
- Thickness: 0,010 – 0,150 mm
- Tolerance: +/- 10% on nominal thickness
- Width: 1,0 – 10 mm
- Packaging: Wound on spools or plastic core with side shields
- Customization: Custom dimensions for thickness and width can be produced on request
Battery-grade Nickel Strips
- Rolled Nickel foil, slit to narrow strips or wider sheets
- Thickness options ranging from 0,010mm to 0,150mm
- Exceptional corrosion-resistance
- Suitable for standard tabs and connection plates (stacks)
Aluminum-clad Copper Strips (Al-Cu)
- Excellent welding connection with anode (Cu) and cathode (Al) materials
- Combines the corrosion resistance of aluminum with the high conductivity of copper
- Suitable for high-conductive battery tab ribbons
- Silver- or tin-clad strips for soldering connections also available
Battery-grade Copper Bus Bars
- Built using special copper grade C103 for laminated bus bars
- Outstanding durability and flexibility, confirmed by long-term cycle testings
- Standard thickness of 35µm, with many more sizing options available on request
- Ideally suited for battery electrification and automotive connectors (EV)
Related Battery Materials
Cathode materials for li ion battery manufacturing. Products include binders, foils, and cathode active materials (NMC, NCA, LMO, LCO).
High performance battery electrolyte solutions. Produced with LiPF6 salt and a high phosphorous content flame retardant, DMMP.
An anode foil portfolio of copper current collectors including Electrodeposited (ED), rolled annealed (RA) and roll-clad Cu foils.