Electrodeposited Nickel Foil for Li-ion Cells
Targray markets a line of annealed, electrodeposited nickel foil materials engineered to meet the requirements of lithium-ion battery manufacturers. Offered in thicknesses ranging from 0.006-0.400mm, our ED Nickel foil is used in a variety of rechargeable battery applications including cellphones, laptops and retail electronics, as well as higher-level applications such as supercapacitors.
Ultra Smooth RA Nickel Foils
Advanced coating processes require extremely smooth foil surfaces for optimal deposition results. Our ultra smooth nickel foil features a surface roughness below 50nm Ra on both sides. Created to deliver superior CVD (chemical vapor deposition) coating adhesion, the foil is also suitable for single- and multi-layer graphene growth. It is available in customized rolls and sheets as a substrate material.
- Ni foils made from high-purity nickel with optional coating for both sides.
- Dimensions | Thickness: 006mm – 0.400mm, Width: 0.6mm – 650mm
- Rolling | Wide, ultra-thin, and compatible with various materials.
- Slitting | Narrow, thin and precise slitting.
- Surface upgrades | Degreasing, roll cladding (both sides), ultra smooth
- Formats | Coils (various core sizes), sheets, etched / stamped parts
- Offered in small lots (R&D) and large lots (mass production). Extended services available.
Accounting for over 90% of the electric conductivity and ∼90% of the mechanical strength of the electrode in lithium-ion batteries and capacitors, current collectors such as aluminum foil play an important role in determining the overall performance and cost-efficiency of a lithium-ion cell.